sPhErEsCaPe

sPhErEsCaPe
by Me (Acrylic on Canvas)

Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Shelagh!

Another awesome weekend! It started off with Shelagh coming home early on Friday. She was feeling a little off and quite bummed out about her job, it seems it is not as fulfilling as it once was. After a nap and a little talk she was feeling much better and we decided to do a little more work on our website. We got a lot done were quite satisfied with our accomplishments. Shelagh created an awesome banner for the site and I polished off some of the verbatim.

Saturday was Birthday Dinner Night at Curry Village. We spent most of the afternoon poking around and getting ready for dinner. Shelagh's Mom,her girlfriend Sarah and her brother Iain all showed up around 6'ish and we chatted and ate some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies to get our appetites going. We left around 7 for our 7:30 reservation and soon we were eating some of the best curry dishes the east coast has to offer.

I really enjoy spicy food and what some people don't realize about curry is that it comes in a very wide range of textures and flavors, It's not all red hot spicy. We ordered all sorts of dishes including a vegetarian dish and some Raita, which is a yogurt dish to cool your mouth if you need it. I swear one of the curry dishes made me see through time, it was seriously that hot. I was sweating bullets by the end of the meal but, wow, was it ever delicious and flavorful.

After we finished our meal off with some mango ice cream we headed back to our place and hung out with Iain for a while and then called it a night after a couple episodes of Man VS Wild, great show btw if you like survival type stuff.

Sunday was by far the laziest day I have ever spent in my life, we literally watched movies and talked all day, truly my favorite times are these.

We watched a old favorite, "The Day After Tomorrow" in the theme of our impending storm. Great flick and it got me in the mood for the coming Nor easter that evening. We also watched"The Fifth Element", which we've seen many times but there wasn't much on TV and I think we switched it there and just kinda got sucked in.

After that we watched "Stardust". I thought it was pretty good but I only give it a 2/3 rating because I wasn't blown away by it. It was, however, a pretty good movie with amazing visuals and imagination. You will definitely enjoy watching this movie with the family and guys won't be too cheesed out by the Chick Flicky love story because there is still a few action sequences that will entertain you and most of the female leads are quite easy on the eyes. For girls there is everything and the kitchen sink.

I'm pretty sure we watched another movie after that but I honestly can't remember.

While all of this movie watching was going on there was a huge storm going on outside with massive blowing winds and wet snow. There were snowdrifts everywhere. Eventually it turned to freezing rain and then rain. All in all an awesome night, man, I love storms.

At Midnight, I wished Shelagh a Happy Birthday and gave her a big hug. I proceeded to say Happy Birthday baby sporadically for the rest of the night, until we decided to hit the bedroom for some reading before sleep.

I watched, "The Terminator", while she read her book and then off to sleep.

We woke up together this morning, which is rare but nice when it happens. We shared some conversation, drank our coffee and went about getting showered and dressed. After many more Happy Birthday Baby's, Shelagh headed off to work. She doesn't know but I slipped a word jumble in her lunch box with colored letters that spell... you guessed it, Happy Birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!

No comments: