sPhErEsCaPe

sPhErEsCaPe
by Me (Acrylic on Canvas)

Monday, December 3, 2007

Bliss


What an awesome weekend, two blissful days with Shelagh and our half dozen cats.

Saturday we went out and ran few errands, the usual exciting stuff like going to the farm market and hitting the bulk barn. We picked up a nice assortment of fresh veggies and fruit and I even scored a couple Asian pears. If you like pears that have a crisp and juicy texture of an apple, I highly suggest you get your hands on one.

Shelagh baked up some fresh oatmeal raisin cookies, while I finished putting away the days purchases. After a bite to eat and one of those tasty cookies we popped on the 4th installment of the Die Hard Series, Live Free or Die Hard.

I really liked this movie, the script stood alone and was definitely in the true Die Hard Fashion. There were lots of great action sequences, as you would expect from any Die Hard movie and a few fresh things that will most definitely impress you. I give it 3 star rating, 1 being crap, 2 being watchable but didn't blow me away and 3 being a good solid enjoyable flick.

We also watched Breach which was pretty good I guess but I only give it a 2, solid story just a bit slow for my flavor, It is based on a true story about the take down of a Russian spy living and working in America.

Thus concluding our Saturday.

Sunday was one of my all time favorite kind of days where we loafed around all day, laying in bed, playing video games and hanging out with the cats and each other. I can't describe the sense of bliss I get from being curled up under the blankets with the person I love, 4 or 5 cats spread around and interacting, touching and just being with them, I love those days so very much.

It snowed a little, we both expressed how excited it will be to finally get that unbelievably peaceful silence, that comes right after a fresh snowfall. The world seems to be a peace, everyone is hunkered down in their homes, hopefully with a hot cup of something a loved one.

After an exhausting day of napping and enjoying our time together we both expressed our enjoyment of the weekend with each other and it was off to the land of dreams and that's where I'm a viking...

No comments: