sPhErEsCaPe

sPhErEsCaPe
by Me (Acrylic on Canvas)

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Redundancy and Forgetfulness


Redundancy

I just got up a half an hour ago and I figured I would poke around at filling out the rest of my profile and throw up a picture until I realized that Blogger only allows you to post a picture that is already hosted on the web, so now, I have to post the picture here and switch to Html to get the posting Url and only then, can I have a picture on my profile. So here it is...

Me


Forgetfulness

I forgot to mention yesterday that we tried the new Presidents Choice Combo Meals. There are three types as far as I can tell so far, which are Indian, Thai and Chinese. We opted for the Indian because Shelagh was in the mood for Butter Chicken.

So the deal is you pick a main dish, a rice side dish, a vegetable side dish and an appetizer and it's considered a full meal. The main dish is about 4 bucks and the rest are about 3 bucks, so for about $13 plus tax you can get a full meal for 2. I was skeptical because I am definitely a food connoisseur, a fresh food lover and usually shy away from processed or frozen foods but I gotta say, this was one tasty meal!

As I said, we got the Butter Chicken for our main dish, Pilau Rice for a side and decided to get the Vegetable Samosas with Memories of Punjab sauce for an appetizer so we decided to skip a vegetable side. So we payed about $10 plus tax for a meal for 2 and it stuffed both of us.


The rice was perfect and only took about 4 minutes in the microwave, it had a "may contain peanut" warning because of the cashews, so Shelagh was risking it, as she is deathly allergic to peanuts. (Don't worry we took the appropriate precautions) It also contained pea's.


The Butter Chicken was a very tender and tasted like actual chicken, it took about 8 minutes in the microwave. Incidentally, this main dish comes with an incredible amount of sauce and if you added one or two fresh cooked chicken breasts cut in pieces, into the sauce, you could easily feed 4- 6 people.

The Samosas were beautifully spiced, wrapped in crispy phylo pastry and took about 18 minutes in the oven. Not very greasy at all.

The one extra special part about this meal was the Memories of Punjab sauce that came with the Samosas, it was absolutely delicious, although I did find that it drowned out the flavor of the Samosa if you dipped to heavily, but it was hard not to because of its delectable flavor.

Let me just say at this point that I've eaten a lot of amazing Indian food in my day and I'm talking the homemade, my grandmother from India made it, style Indian food and obviously this comes no where near it but for a commercial, frozen dinner, I think these dinners are well worth their affordable price, very delicious tasting, with no "microwaved" flavors or textures and it more than filled up our bellies, if we had gotten the additional side that is recommend we would have been bursting at the seams. A good value in my opinion and a quality tasting food.

Shelagh and I both really enjoyed this meal and are excited that it is pay day today so we can try one of the other assortments. I'll let you know how they are lol...

No comments: